The 30/30 Vision Blog Challenge returns today after taking a week of for Good Friday, and the prompt is simple- 12 interesting facts about me. Like most people, I don't find myself to be all that interesting, but since that is order of the day I shall attempt to come up with a dozen things that are at least semi-noteworthy. Here we go...
- Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out.
- I would love to try my hand at professional improv comedy. I've been doing it in real life situations forever- it would be fun to give it a try on stage with some experts in the field!
- I only have 7 toes.
- As I grow older the thing I fear losing the most is my memory. Not only do I love telling old stories and sharing wisdom from days gone by, but I am often responsible for helping my oldest friends remember what happened to them in their younger days as well. I am so thankful to be blessed with a mind that retains those moments of great joy and sorrow.
- I have seen the Pacific Ocean in California, Washington, Oregon and Mexico...but I have never been swimming in it.
- Despite all of my injuries and ailments over my lifetime, I have yet to break a bone. Knock on wood.
- I play the guitar. I sang in school choruses and ensembles in jr. high and high school. I was in numerous church choirs over the years and led worship at national youth events. I have written close to 100 songs, words and music. And I cannot read a note of music...
- Aside from loving people in the name of Jesus there is nothing that brings me more joy than making people laugh.
- Aside from The Godfather Part 2 and The Empire Strikes Back, I believe the greatest true sequel in the history of movies is The Lion King 1 1/2.
- I am 54 years old and am still in touch with friends I have known for over 40 years. To me, that's an accomplishment.
- I am not much of a cook except for 3 things: Sausage Balls, Fudge, & Shrimp and Crab Casserole.
- I have been to paradise. It's also known as Spanish Wells, the Bahamas. And I've been twice. That may just make me better than you. :)
Because of Jesus,