Saturday, October 5, 2013

"They Say It's Your Birthday..."

It happens every year at this time. There's no stopping it. October 6th is my birthday. For a few months I will be as old as some of my friends (Steve, Susan, Denise) that I like to to harass about their "old age." To celebrate my big day, I want you all to do something for me this weekend. It's been a long year here at Castle Jones, and aside from losing 3 of my toes, Will graduating from high school and me being diagnosed with diabetes (just to name a few!), another casualty has been Comment Day. There hasn't been one in over a year! So this weekend, as my gift from you, I want you to help me resurrect this self-created event! You have already successfully completed Step 1 of this not-too-complicated process by finding a blog to read- this one!  Step 2 is leaving a comment on this blog once you have finished reading this deep and meaningful post (no extra charge for the sarcasm).  Step 3 (and this is the really important part) is to go find another blog to read, and then repeat Step 2.  Do this over and over, so that bloggers all around the world might be encouraged to continue sharing recipes, stories, inspiration, insight and bad politics with us all.  :)

It may sound like I am asking you to do this, but in fact you have no choice.  Because you see, you need to get enthusiastic and encourage the bloggers you know, and NOTHING makes a blogger feel better than getting comments.  In fact, here's what I need to you to do...



(I know it should be "IT'S"...drives me crazy too!)
So get excited!!! Leaving comments is now a moral imperative, because it's a birthday wish- just be glad I didn't ask for cash! I'll be 54 years old on October 6th; there's no telling how many (or how few!Comment Days I have left!  :)  So get busy reading and encouraging.  We're all in this together!  Have a blessed day, everyone!

Because of Jesus,

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/05/2013

    I'm the first to comment! :) Happy birthday, Carl- and may the coming year be a little easier on you and your family! ~Chris Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/05/2013

    Happy Birthday a day early, Carl! Love you! -Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it, Beth! Love you too!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10/05/2013

    Hey, buddy. Happy birthday! I'd love to see you guys one of these days. Say hi to Marilyn!
    Steve
    (And welcome back to the Old Guy club for a few months again.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old guy club? Nah...that would be your brother and Alan! Thanks buddy!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10/05/2013

    At least Steve didn't say the Old Gay Club???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

      Delete
  5. Happy 54th Birthday CJ with many more happy ones to come. I hope you do something very nice too and all your family and friends give you the love and support you deserve. I've been commenting here on this blog unless you've not been receiving them. Check your spam folders and fish me out. Whenever I read a post, I usually try to leave a comment unless I've really got nothing to say because it is very encouraging to know that someone is reading and wanting to interact with you.

    Anyway, have a great day and hope all your dreams come true. ENJOY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my friend, you have been very faithful to leave comments, and I do appreciate it so much! And thanks for the birthday wishes as well! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY and Happy Comment Day!!!
    I hope your day is full of unexpected blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10/07/2013

    Happy belated birthday, Carl!!! Hope you had a wonderful day and that you have a great year!

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Todd! Your support is always appreciated.

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!