Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday Shout Outs!

October is flying by, and it's time for another edition of my Saturday Shout Outs! Today the yelling includes more than a few prayer requests, and I hope those of you who pray will add these to your list.  And if you need to be added to mine, PLEASE let me know!  Now let's get to it...
  • We would like to thank so many of you for all of the sweet happy birthday wishes for first me and then my wife Marilyn over the past couple of weeks.  We are blessed to have so many great friends.  But be warned...  Sooner or later I will be able to travel again. And when I can, I am coming to see YOU...and YOU...and especially YOU!!!
  • Marie Allen (Springfield Friends Meeting) has been battling really severe headaches. This is bad under circumstances, but even worse when it's 10/20 and you are getting married on Halloween! Please pray for Marie's health and upcoming nuptials. 
  • The number of visitors to this blog has grown exponentially over the past couple of weeks.  There is no real explanation, so I am attributing the BOOM in views to the induction of Boom-Boom (Susan McBane Tuggle) into my Hall of Fame. That's got to be it, right?  :)
  • Congratulations to Jenn Gastler (Wesley Memorial UMC) on her engagement and upcoming wedding. I am excited and honored to be officiating the event. I do love being part of my youth group "kids" growing up!
  • Jennifer "Bob" Kuramochi (FUMC-Kissimmee) is approaching D-Day (that's delivery day!) for her second child, and we certainly want to keep her in our prayers, as well as hubby Jun and first daughter Josephine! What a blessing for a wonderful family!




  • The ancient artifact (early 80's?) above was sent to me this week by my old buddy Steve Semmler (New Garden Friends). What a classic!  In addition to Steve, his brother Carl and Marilyn (far left) you can see Martha Ratledge Farlow's head, Tim Vail sitting down (no clue who that may be laying down next to him) and my head poking around my old girlfriend Donna Haynes. And for those of you don't know any of those people besides Marilyn and myself, check out the building in the back- it's the pre-remodeled BESTY B!!!
  • That picture also raises a couple of "Where are they now?" questions for me. Carla Garrett and Belinda Marley are in the photo. I worked at Quaker Lake Camp with them both and shared lots of great times with them. But I have no idea what they are up to today. Do you?  Let me know!!!
  • My good friend Lisa Jewett (Wesley Memorial) has a big day coming up on Tuesday at school and would be glad to have your prayers. She's a great teacher fighting her way through the red tape!
  • I don't know about anyone else, but these Ron Burgundy Dodge commercials have Will and I hyper-excited for Anchorman 2. Come on December 20th!!!
  • There is a rumor on Twitter- unconfirmed of course- that the government shutdown may have been all Jacob Lupfer's (FUMC-K) fault...
  • My Twitter sis, @JGanley3, is a huge Auburn U. fan (just like Darin Miller and many other friends) who will be at their big game with Johnny Football and Texas A&M today. Enjoy, Jen...and just for you...#WarEagle!

  • Yet another picture from Steve. Anybody recognize that kid? Care to guess an age? 
  • I continue to be so excited to have my original little sis, Sabrina Perry, back in my life!  We have talked a great deal this week, and I feel like the prodigal has returned- I'm just not sure which one of us was more prodigal! Either way, I am sure ready to kill the fatted calf and get on with the party!
  • Clemson vs. FSU tonight?  Who you got? I say last team with the ball wins...
  • And finally, I would appreciate prayers for me. I am hoping to change my situation soon and be able to travel again.  I know that with God all things are possible, and that there is power in prayer. So get busy my friends!  :)
That's it for today. I hope you all have a blessed weekend, and that the sun will shine brightly upon all of you.  God bless!

Because of Jesus. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Carl! I'm on day two of less severe but still slight pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are feeling better my friend!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!