Friday, May 10, 2013

A New Day


I was awake at 4:17 AM today.  As I sat in my recliner reflecting on life and the day ahead, I must admit some of my thoughts were less than positive.  There was a wistful longing for the past. There was a dread of the future.  There were feelings of loneliness. I really just wanted to go back to sleep and skip Friday.

But as I sat there, two quotes came to my mind that helped me focus on what is real in my life and on the truth of each new day.  The first was from the late songwriter Dan Fogelberg and his brilliant song To the Morning:

"And it's going to be a day
there is really no way to say no to the morning.
Yes, it's going to be a day
there is really nothing left to say
but come on morning."

The second comes from Psalms 118:24:

"This is the day that the LORD has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

So I think I will go ahead and have a Friday.  My prayer for today is this- LORD, I only want to say that I love you and I pray for you to make each new day a better day. In every way.  Amen & Amen!

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!