Saturday, May 11, 2013

7 Things I Know To Be True


My life had been a bit wonky these past few weeks.  I tweeted just the other day that if were to ever write my memoirs, this past week would need it's own chapter.  There's just been a lot going on, and I know that at times my posts have seemed at bit "down."  Well today, I want to share only the positives in my life.  Here at 7 things I know to be true...

  1. I have GREAT friends.  After yesterday's post in which I indicated what a hard night Thursday was for me, I heard quickly from my friends Steve Semmler and Teresa Tysinger, making sure I was ok.  But that was just the beginning.  I also spent time texting with Jill Painter Watson, who is always so encouraging to me. Susan McBane Tuggle did her usual job of encouraging me and making me smile via text. I got a call from my high school friend Beth Vestal McGalliard, who indicated she is ready to jump in the car and drive to Tampa to see me.  Just made my heart warm. And then to wrap up up the day, Jerry Hanbery called just to check in and get Will's movie review on The Great Gatsby.  It is very hard to have a pity party for yourself when you feel that kind of love.  Thank you all!
  2. The Killers are an amazing band.  The more I listen to them, the more I want to listen to them.  Their songs actually SAY something!  Want proof?  Check out Here With Me.  I am borderline obsessed...
  3. I had a great report from the doctor this week. My lab work indicated that my diabetes is under control and that everything else is excellent.  In fact, she said that my cholesterol is PERFECT! Here's what I know to be true- I am 53 years old, and that is the first time anyone has ever told me that something about my body, inside or out, is PERFECT!  So yes- I'm gloating!!!
  4. My son graduates high school 3 weeks from yesterday, and I could not be more proud of him. Because of me he has had many obstacles to overcome in his high school years, and he has faces them all without complaint or excuse. He and and his mother have both earned their halos these past few years. Love you guys!
  5. God still speaks to us if we take time to listen.  Yesterday afternoon I was having some quiet time (in-between all the texts and phone calls) when I suddenly had on my heart to text my friend Ashley Goad Broadhurst. She travels constantly, and I had no idea where she was or what she was doing- but God just put on my heart to let her know I was thinking about her.  Turned out she in the midst of some emotional stuff and was glad to hear from an old friend.  I do love being used by God...
  6. The Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie (with ice cream) at Chili's is absolutely to die for. Yes I am diabetic. No I shouldn't have had any. Yes, I splurged. Get over it!!!
  7. Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I am convinced that mothers should get a month of recognition, not just a day.  May it be a great day of celebration for all you moms.  You are loved!
So there you have it. I don't know much, but those are 7 things I do know.  I also know that I am blessed to have so many of you share life with me through this blog. I hope you know how much that means to me.  Have a great weekend!

Because of Jesus,

4 comments:

  1. So glad God sent you encouragement this week when you really needed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. And you and my Twitter family are s constant source of encouragement as well!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5/11/2013

    Beth, we'll pick you up on our way to Tampa. Get packed!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Road trip! I love it. Come on down, my friends!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!