Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Shout Outs!

Greetings friends and neighbors, and welcome to the latest edition of my Saturday Shout Outs!  2013 seems to be flying by- perhaps because I am so excited about upcoming reunion of the Kissimmee Krew on April 20th!  But whatever the reason, it's hard to believe already mid-March.  So let me wish you a happy St. Patrick's Day (a day early!) and get on with the shouting!  Here we go...

  • Congratulations to Matt Lupfer and Kristin Landry Lupfer (both FUMC-K alumni) who announced recently that they are expecting their first child! I am certain that Uncle Jacob, Aunt Lindsey and the rest of the extended family are excited beyond words.  Our prayers are with Matt & Kristen as they take on this new adventure.
  • My dear friend and champion email writer Susan McBane Tuggle (Quaker Lake) is at the beach this weekend, and I am not.  So this is a shout AT, not a shout OUT...  Love you, Boom Boom, and I hope it is a great weekend!
  • The ACC men's basketball tournament is going on in Greensboro this week- or as it is known to many North Carolinians, HOLY WEEK!  I was telling my friend Denise May Langley the other night that while I miss the excitement of being in Greensboro for the tourney, I don't miss 4 days of not being able to get a table in a restaurant!  Most of you know I am a huge UNC Tar Heel fan, and I am glad they destroyed Florida State last night.  But I have to be honest- before the tournament began I picked NC State to win the whole thing.  I think it is because it's the 20th anniversary of the 1983 national championship and I am getting old and sentimental.  So to my many friends who are big Wolfpack supporters - people like Jamie Robinson (Springfield), Todd Farlow (Springfield), Beth McGalliard (New Garden), Jeff Byrd (NCYM), Tammy Foster (New Garden) and many more - I apologize.  My picking them is a certain kiss of death!
  • Meanwhile, another glorious event was taking place in Greensboro last night.  The mighty Dook Blue Devils were upset by the Maryland Turtles.  How embarrassing!  While I know this was very painful for good friends like Jeremy & Laura Godwin (Springfield), Butch Moran (Springfield), Karen Chester (Springfield), Robert Damron (Twitter) and Jennifer Wood Jones (Springfield), it also was a bit painful for me.  You see I twisted my ankle while doing my CELEBRATION DANCE after the game...  I must also give props to Eric Tysinger, husband of Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K) and a huge UNC fan, who is working the scoreboard in Greensboro this week.  Despite his distinguished work in theater stage management, I feel certain posting the final score of that Dook loss was a career highlight!  
  • If you were part of the student ministry at FUMC-Kissimmee while I was there, then the time to be making your reservation for the April 20th reunion is NOW!  Visit the Reunion Facebook Page, click events, and RSVP now!
  • My old friend Steve Semmler texted me the other day to ask me who the lead singer was for The Hollies on their big hit, The Air That I Breathe.  I did not know, and Steve mocked me for this.  Sometimes having a reputation as a music trivia expert can bite you in the butt!  By the way Steve...it definitely was NOT Eric Carmen.  Turns out he was a Raspberry, not a Hollie.  Oops. My bad. :)
  • And finally...tomorrow is Selection Sunday for the NCAA Tournament, which means it is time to make your picks and fill out those brackets!  Carl Semmler, will we be making our traditional bet?  If you win, Alan Brown pays for dinner, and if I win...he still pays?  Let me know!
That's it for today!  I have a couple of cool shout outs that are not quite ready to be shouted about just yet, so check back later this week. There may be updates!  Have a blessed weekend and remember that Easter is just around the corner.  Christ is Risen!  He is Risen indeed!  Have a great weekend, everyone!

Because of Jesus,

4 comments:

  1. So it's your fault that State lost. Not cool Carl!!!!!!!! Go Pack!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Marie! Like I predicted, I am the kiss of death!!!

      Delete
    2. Susan McBane Tuggle3/22/2013

      If you shout AT me again, can I go back to the beach?

      Delete
    3. Susan, we have lovely beaches in Florida! You are welcome anytime!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!