Sunday, March 31, 2013

Jesus Is My Morning Sun!

"On the first day of the week 
Mary came the grave to seek (in sorrow)
Jesus met her by the way
on that first Resurrection Day!"


James Ward's celebratory song Morning Sun expresses so well the relief, exuberance and sheer joy that the friends and followers of Jesus must have felt that first Easter. It is my prayer that all of you feel that same sense of the presence of the living Christ today!  HE IS RISEN!!!  HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!  Happy Easter, dear friends!

Morning Sun  - James Ward

6 comments:

  1. Susan McBane Tuggle3/31/2013

    Thank you, Carl, for sharing your faith, being a friend and encourager. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, for being such an amazing support to me! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard or thought of the "Morning Sun" song in years, but it popped into my head as I went to bed last night. Thought I'd mention it to you today, and here I see you were thinking of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds wander alike, old friend. Still a favorite Easter song of mine, although the old hymns are still the best. Hope you are well!

      Delete
  3. Woke up this morning with this song from my college years (70s) in my head so decided to look it up online and found your post. Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to sing this at camp almost 30 years ago and it popped into my head on this glorious morning!Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!