Monday, December 31, 2012

2012- A Kidney Stone of a Year


It is New Year's Eve, and time to take a look back at the year that was.  As I take a glance back at 2012, I am left with a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.  This was not a good year.  First of all, it was an election year, which brings out the worst in people and commercials.  It was a year that brought us terrible tragedies in places like Newtown and Aurora- and reminded me again of our desperate need for the Prince of the Peace. Hurricane Sandy ravaged the northeast and left thousands seeking ways and means to recover.  Closer to home, my best friend's parents both passed away.  Another dear friend lost her husband far too young in a tragic way.  Dear friends lost jobs, homes and even unborn children.  To wrap up the year, I spent 2 weeks in a hospital, was diagnosed with diabetes and had my left big toe amputated.  And to top it all off the world didn't even have the decency to end on December 21st!  It was a real kidney stone of a year.  Very painful...

But you know they great thing about kidney stones?  No matter how excruciatingly painful they may be, they do pass.  And 2012 has now passed as well.  And despite all of the trials and tribulations of the year, I look back and also remember how incredibly blessed I am.  I have a family and friends who love me.  I have a house to live in and food to eat.  And most importantly, God is still in control, and I have a Savior who loves me in spite of my failures.  It has been a year full of disappointments and challenges.  But it is time to move on and see what God has in store for us in 2013.  My prayer is that 2013 will be year of peace, a year of blessings, and a year of hope for this hurting world.  May God bless each of you!

Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. Amen Carl!!! I was thinking the same thing, couldn't have said it better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have a blessed New Year, Carl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/31/2012

    God is still in control, and I have a Savior who loves me in spite of my failures. It has been a year full of disappointments and challenges. But it is time to move on and see what God has in store for us in 2013. My prayer is that 2013 will be year of peace, a year of blessings, and a year of hope for this hurting world. May God bless each of you!

    Because of Jesus, [DITTO BIG TIME TO WHAT YOU SAID.] I'VE MET SO MANY PEOPLE THAT JUST DON'T BELIEVE AND IT SCARES ME TO PIECES. I JUST HIT BACK WITH JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY. I'M ONE OF THOSE FOLK THAT BELIEVE THAT HE'S RIDING THIS WAY ON HIS BEAUTIFUL WHITE HORSE. GRANNY FROM FLORIDA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!