Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Shout Outs!

YO, friends and neighbors, and welcome to yet another edition of Saturday Shout Outs!  There has been a lot of activity in my world over the past couple of weeks, and today is going to be absolutely amazing!!!  Curious?  Then read on my friends!


*  Today at 12 noon Marilyn, Will and I will be gathering with some dear old friends at the Broadway Pizza Bar in downtown Kissimmee to begin some initial planning on a reunion of the FUMC-K group from the years I was there (1994-2000).  I have heard from so many people who are so excited about the possibility of a reunion actually happening.  Most cannot join us today but are anxious to hear what we are planning. I will recap today's discussion on tomorrow's post.
*  Then later today we are going to catch-up with our dear old friends The Farlows (Springfield Friends Meeting) over at Walt Disney World for dinner.  Can't wait to see Todd & Meleah, but just as psyched to see Todd's parents, Lewis & Brenda.  Some of my favorite people ever!!!
*  I had a long visit yesterday afternoon with Todd Willis (FUMC-K) at my favorite Applebees in Plant City.  Todd wanted to be at the reunion meeting today but has to fly back to DC.  We managed to solve most of the world's problems AND get in a lot of baseball discussion as well.  So great to see another of my all-time favorite people!
*  Will Jones came home from a week at my Mom's house with a Save Ferris t-shirt that has a huge picture of Cameron on it.  Later, we watched Airplane together and laughed our butts off.  He listens to Springsteen on vinyl. I may have the coolest 16 year old ever.  And as you go about life these next weeks, remember the lesson of Ferris Bueller's Day Off- "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  Not a bad thought to start every day with...
*  In the comments yesterday, Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K) mentioned her flashbacks and nightmares from her shared experience with Jerry Hanbery inside the Statue of Liberty.  I had to look long and hard, but here is proof of what haunts her...


*  Got confirmation this week that Ashley Goad Broadhurst (Springfield) will be spending a few days here at Chez Jones in late July.  Woooo-hooo!  We do love when "family" visits!!!
*  I continue to remember my old friends Lisa Ramos Moran (New Garden Friends Meeting) and Alan Brown (Quaker Lake Camp) in prayer.  Their moms passes away this past week.
*  We are coming down the homestretch in the fundraising effort for Sally Hollingsed (FUMC-K) in her battle with cancer.  You can read her story and make a donation by clicking here!
*  There are few things in life that make me smile more and laugh harder than trying to teach my dear friend Lisa Jewett (Wesley Memorial UMC) about baseball.  Plus, if you haven't heard, she has cute grandkids.  Just ask her!  :)  Love you, Lisa!
*  So many of my youth pastor friends on Twitter are in the midst of very busy summers, taking trips and reaching students in the name of Jesus.  Please keep them in your prayers.
* In addition to my regular prayer times (in which many of you are often mentioned!) I have been praying extra prayers this past week for two very special people.  Heather Beggs Varner (Springfield) continues her work as the Camp Director at Quaker Lake, where she has transformed the camp in some amazing ways.  They are in the midst of camping season, and I know how stressful that can be- even as you are having a blast!  So join me in praying for Heather.  And Cyndi Reep Browning had a very rough week.  Cyndi, we love you and we know God has big things ahead for you!  Keep the faith!!!


That's it for now!  I am ready to get off and running on a very busy day.  I hope you all have a great day today and a blessed day tomorrow. Let me hear from you!


Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Carl! I've been overwhelmed at the support and faith in me from everyone! I know with all the prayers and support, I will just fine. And God will bless me with a better and more fulfilling job soon! But look at the bright side, now I at least have WAY more than 5 minutes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndi, despite how hard it is, I am excited for you that you can move on and find something you love to do! And as for the more that 5 minutes...I can only say "Wooo-hooo!" Love ya!

      Delete
  2. We will miss you Jocelyn...but I promise I will keep you in the loop. I intend to suggest we play games just so you and Todd can cheat! Ahhh...good times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!