Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Random Thought For Thursday

Yesterday I was reminded of a little song I have known most of my life, but had not thought of in a very long time.  It was on a New Christy Minstrels album of my Dad's, and he taught it to me when I was little. I used to sing it to anyone who would listen.  I share it today because I think it uses a humorous scenario to make a good point.  I just can't decide what that point is.  Maybe it is a warning against being judgmental. Maybe it is reminding us that who we hang out with does matter.  Maybe it is just silly.  Or maybe...just maybe...it is a warning to always sleep it off at home!  In any case, here it is...


It was early last September as near as I can remember
And I was strolling down a lane in Tipsy Pride (hiccup)
Not a word did I utter as I lay down in the gutter
When this pig come up and lay down by my side
Not a soul was I disturbing as I lay there by the curbing
When this high-toned lady stopped and I heard her say:
"You can tell someone who boozes, by the company he chooses..."
And the pig got up and slowly walked away!

So what do you think?  Is there a moral to the story? I look forward to your interpretations! 

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the part in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at WDW when the drunk pirate is laying with the pigs in the mud. Always loved that part. I have no insights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/21/2012

    Sometimes you just have to let art flow.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!