Monday, October 6, 2014

The Ol' Double Nickel


Today is my birthday. I am 55 years old. They say age is just a number. I am guessing that whoever "they" is hasn't hit the ol' double nickel! I know in this day and age 55 is not really old, but it sure does sound like it ought to be. So today I will celebrate appropriately. I will eat a high fiber cereal for breakfast. I will complain about things I know nothing about. I will drive too slow in the left lane and NEVER turn off my turn signal. I will sign up for AARP, and with any luck I will eat my birthday dinner early bird style- around 4 PM. And then it's off to bed around 9:30. It's time to settle in to a new lifestyle.

In fact, nothing could be further from the truth! It was a wonderful weekend filled with awesome football and baseball, great times with family and friends and even a movie (The Equalizer) with my dear friend Lisa. We all celebrated last night at the Olive Garden while watching Will work; tonight there will be big birthday dinner at Bahama Breeze. Tomorrow there will be final preparations for my trip to NC, and then Wednesday I will make the drive north. It's going to be a great birthday week, full of adventure and excitement. Maybe 55 really is just number. I feel good, life is good, and I am loved and blessed. I don't feel a day over 52! Have a wonderful day, my friends, and remember to enjoy this day that we have all been given. 

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!