Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday Shout Outs!

Happy October, everyone, and welcome to an Autumn edition of my Saturday Shout Outs! We've got baseball playoffs, great college football, pumpkin cheesecake at Olive Garden and a little chill in the air in the evenings- even here in Florida tonight! October has always been a big month for me, with my birthday, Marilyn's birthday, my Mom's birthday and now even Will's girlfriend Michelle's birthday as well! There was also a time way back in the day when it felt like every relationship disaster that happened to myself or any of my friends took place this month. So I always approach October with a "never a dull moment" kind of attitude. So what do I have to shout about today? Read on, dear friends!

  • One week from today I will have already been in NC for a few days on my solo adventure to visit friends and eat barbecue! I'm still trying to shoehorn in as many meet ups as possible, so give me a shout (813-919-3755) if you'd like to catch up. I do know for certain that next Saturday I will be doing live shout outs at the Pizza Inn in High Point with anyone who cares to join me! I'll be there around noon and will hang out a while, so stop by if you can. There are other "gatherings" in the works as well, so stay tuned for more information! Or make your own plans and just tell me when to show up!  
  • You know my little "Shout Outs" avatar at the top of the page? Last week I got a text from Ashley Goad (Springfield Friends Meeting) who was in South Africa at the time saying she had just seen the little guy on something there. She said it confused her a bit, making her wonder if it was already Saturday and where the shout outs were. It's nice to know this blog can get in your heads like that! LOL She's home safely now but headed back to Haiti soon so keep her in your prayers. 
  • Trey Augenblick (FUMC-Kissimmee) became a dad on October 2nd when baby Stella was born! Baby and mother Jamie are doing well, but I'm guessing Aunt Erin and Grandma Jill are chomping at the bit to get down here from Michigan and see them all! Congrats to all!
  • Kena Hurt (Wesley Memorial UMC) took her daughter to Raymond James Stadium here in Tampa last night to see the boy band One Direction in concert. Kena (and every parent who does such things) not only gets votes for Mom of the Year, I am pretty sure it gives her a leg up on sainthood! Well done, Kena!
  • Marilyn is headed to Orlando this afternoon to spend tonight and tomorrow with her dear friend Gaylynn Brown. Among their other adventures they will be going to a Disney Villains Party tonight at the Disney Hollywood Studios- from 10 pm - 3am! Before you go to sleep tonight you might want to offer up a prayer for my wife- it's been a few years since she tried to Rec Around the Clock! I know they will have a blast!
  • Continued prayers for Cyndi Reep Browning (FUMC-K) as she looks for a new job.
  • Monday, October 6th, is my birthday. I hit the old double nickel, the speed limit, el cincuenta y cinco. At this point in life I feel both a little old and a bit surprised I made it this far. But the celebrating has already begun and I don't plan to stop anytime soon!
  • My World Series prediction- the Washington Nationals (that's for you, Todd Willis & Jacob Lupfer) will beat the Kansas City Royals (I love a good underdog). 7 games.
  • Susan Allen (NCYM & Quaker Lake) I am counting on you to enjoy all the hoopla at Ole Miss today and to cheer your Rebels on to a victory over Darth Saban and Alabama! I know you can do it! It's time to put the Crimson Elephants in their place!
  • And finally...I see that Terry & Leigh Ann Venable (QLC) and Cynthia Davis Strider (QLC & Cedar Square Friends) are about to become a grandparents. Having people I knew when they were middle school campers and I was on staff enter that realm does not help the feeling of old age that is creeping over me this weekend, but still- how AWESOME is that for them! We will continue to pray for those families.
That's all I've got for now. Have a wonderful Saturday, a blessed Sunday, and if you're in the Greensboro/High Point area be looking for me starting Wednesday night. Hurricane Carl is coming to town!

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!