Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Shout Outs!

Greetings one and all, and welcome to another edition of Saturday Shout Outs! Life continues to be full of excitement here in Tampa and around my little world, so let me share some updates with you.  Here we go!

  • As of 4:54 pm yesterday, our dear friend Lisa Jewett became a grandmother for the third time!  Adalyn Joy Jewett was 7 pounds, 5 ounces and everyone is doing well. Just so you know, Lisa is 5 years younger than me and had blue fingernails. Not your average grandma...
  • Will Jones has been accepted to the University of Central Florida, where he plans to be part of their film school,  We are excited for and proud of him!
  • The plans for the April 20th FUMC-Kissimmee reunion continue to roll along!  People are making plans to come from Texas, California, Virginia- and even foreign countries, like Alabama!  Make your plans, tell your old friends and be sure to let us know you are coming!
  • My old Quaker Lake Camp friend, Susan McBane Tuggle, has been complaining to me lately that she is not in my Hall of Fame.  She is really quite deserving, but still I think she will need to make a full confession on how she tried to drown me in the New River on a staff canoe trip all those years ago before I can induct her. It's time for the truth to be told, Boom Boom! :)
  • Another QLC buddy, Mike Newsome, asked for prayers as his son Jordan, a baseball player, who underwent Tommy John surgery this past week. He came through with flying colors and now faces a long rehab process, so keep praying!
  • I want to say thank you to Joanne Gastler (Wesley Memorial UMC), Millie Simmons and Marie Allen (both Springfield Friends Meeting) for the love and support they give this blog by liking the links on Facebook.  Thanks so much for encouraging me!
  • Spring Training is here!  Wooo hooo!!!
That's it for today!  I hope you have a great weekend, enjoy the Oscars, and leave a comment.  Blessings to all!

Because of Jesus,

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Congrats to Will! Can I say I am jealous of you being in Florida during Spring Training? I would love to take Reid to watch a practice or two sometime. Baseball is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Will!!! UCF! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan McBane Tuggle2/23/2013

    At 54 years of age (did I really just publish that?), I often walk into a room, but can't remember why I am there. However, I remember VERY clearly what took place on the New River in a canoe with Carl Jones some 34(?) years ago. You say you want the truth, Carl, but I'm afraid "You can't handle the truth!!!" The fact is, however, that Carl did indeed try to drown me in the river, dumping me and all our camping gear and clothes out as well. He even admitted as much in a recent email. I'd be glad to provide the proof. And, he left me there to float through the upcoming rapids (class 10, if I recall correctly). He and Neal Thomas did give me clear instructions, however, on how to navigate the rapids on my own, with only a little life jacket to protect me. I was only trying to give him directions on which direction we should go in the canoe, but being a male, he didn't want to hear what I had to say, grabbed the side of the canoe and dumped me out. Sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes, Carl.

    Somehow I doubt this confession is going to win me a spot in the Hall of Fame, but it doesn't count anyway if you have to ask to be included. You're married...you should know this by now!

    All kidding aside, I want to add that Carl Jones IS listed in my hall of fame, forever and always. Thanks for your friendship. Much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth does indeed hurt, Susan. You did omit one small detail, about how I saved you from the snakes. But otherwise, it is good to have the truth finally out here. And you were so easy to dump out of that boat. Especially since you were already diving out. And since I am ONLY 53, perhaps my memory is just a bit sharper. But still, I love ya, and I am willing to declare your version partly right. You admission to the Hall of Fame could come most any day now. And I am honored to be in yours!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!