Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Shouts Outs: All Kissimmee Edition!

Welcome to the all Kissimmee edition of my Saturday Shout Outs!  I am sorry to leave out my many other friends this time around, but those of us who are alumni of FUMC-K 2994-2000 have a reunion to get busy with and some big news to announce. So let's get busy!!!

  • It is time to get SERIOUS about our upcoming reunion!  More planning still needs to be done, but here is the general outline of the big weekend coming April 20-21, 2013! If enough people are interested there were be a family picnic at noon somewhere on the Lake Toho lakefront- bring your own lunch.  There will definitely be an "adults only" dinner on Saturday night; the place and details are TBD, but it will be somewhere in Kissimmee.  Then Sunday morning anyone who can and wishes to will attend worship at FUMC-K together. Right now I need everyone to help get the word out and contact anyone who may be interested to let them know this is coming soon!  Teresa Reep Tysinger (who already has her plane ticket in from Dallas for the event!) will be getting out a Facebook invite soon that will let you make a "reservation" so we can get a head count.  Or you can all or text me at 813-919-3755 with questions or ideas or just to say "YES!" No matter who shows up it will be a great weekend. But it will much better if YOU are there... 
  • Lauren Carr Cacciatore and her hubby Brad welcomed Kaley Lauren to the world on January 3, 2013! She was a bit early, but mom and baby are doing well!  Kaley will be in the NICU a bit longer, but will be headed home to her family soon.  Congratulations, Lauren and Brad- and here's hoping Kaley LOVES Kraft mac and cheese just like her mommy!!!
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATTHEW TEOLI!!!
  • Cyndi Reep Browning is moving to Alabama!  Her husband Josh has already transferred down for a new job, and Cyndi and Grayson will be joining them once their house sells in NC.  They will be living very close to Ben and Sharon Reep, her parents.  We are praying for them and wishing them all the best in this new adventure!
  • Got a comment on one of my older posts about one of our mission trips this week from our old friends in Spanish Wells, the Bahamas! If you were part of one of those mission teams then you will remember the Pinders!  Here's the comment: Hey my name is Lance Pinder from Spanish Wells and my wife is Opal Pinder. We hosted some of you guys in our home.We had a great home. We also bought a group to Kissimmee to visit with your group. Would love to reconnect. I am on Facebook Lance Pinder and my email address is lancepinder@gmail.com. It never ceases to amaze me the impact our little ministry had all over the world!  Give Lance a shout if you have as many fond memories of SW as I do!
  • A little poll for you- what was your favorite youth trip you ever participated in?
  • Also heard this past week from Jason Ashcraft.  Jason moved away from Kissimmee before I arrived in 1994, but came back that summer to join us on the exciting misadventure that was the Mountaintop Mission Trip. Jason had discovered this blog through Brook Teoli Phelps, and he has a blog himself.  Check out http://learnchangegrow.wordpress.com/2012/12/  and see what Jason is up to!  Any Mountaintop survivor deserves our support!
So that's it for today!  I want to take this opportunity to wish each of you a joyous and happy 2013. May it be full of God's richest blessings.  Take care- and spread the word!  The reunion is coming!
Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. Hey Carl!! Just wanted to say hi and that I am so excited about the reunion!! I am not sure, though, if I will be able to make it - depending on how things go with us selling the house and moving! :( But I am going to try my hardest to get down there!!!!!! I don't want to miss it!

    Also - one of my favorite memories from a youth trip was when a few of us went up to Atlanta for our senior trip with you. I think we were in the parking lot for the basketball game (went to see the Magic play) and Jacob (Lupfer) got out to help direct you on parking. I think he had you do like a 50-point turn to try to squeeze into that space....one inch at a time! It was so funny!!

    There were so many great trips and memories!! It's hard to pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know things may be complicated for you Cyndi, but I sure hope you can make it in April! As for that at Atlanta trip, there are lots of great memories, including that parking adventure. But seeing "The Matrix" at Nate's insistence was not one of them! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, thanks so much for the shout out! The reunion sounds super fun! Hubs and I were talking about a trip to FL in the spring so maybe I will be able to catch the reunion. I will mention the dates to him. And, yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Matthew!!! Thanks again, Carl! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!