Saturday, March 17, 2012

Funniest Movies Ever- The Sequel!

Yesterday I gave you the results of a week of conversations, primarily on Twitter, about the funniest movies of all time.  The top 5 vote-getters in that very unofficial poll left me wanting to make a few changes.  Actually, it left me wanting to change the entire list!  So today I have! These are the movies that make me laugh over and over again, no matter how many times I see them- and I own them all!  I have left out many classics (how does Stripes not make this list?), including some of the ones mentioned yesterday.  But a definitive list must be made- and so I have made it.  Here are my personal top 10 funniest movies ever.  Let the arguments continue...


10) Wedding Crashers
9)   Fletch
8)   Airplane
7)   The Jerk
6)   Raising Arizona
5)   Anchorman
4)   Caddyshack
3)   Animal House
2)   Young Frankenstein
1)   Monty Python & the Holy Grail

4 comments:

  1. I can't agree or disagree since I've never seen any on this list. I did say I wasn't much of a movie watcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/17/2012

    Carl, I loved your transparency as you pontificated your personal preferences over those in your poll. I must say, I don't want to play the age card, but I must say your personal list is a reflection of your age. I would have Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Caddyshack, Wedding Crashers on my list. I would also have Joe Dirt and maybe Wayne's World. But I digress. I was one of the Tommy Boy and Dumb & Dumber voters. I chose these two films because they did one thing. They literally brought me to tears in the theater the first time I saw them. Others on your list, I saw as a young child on a primitive VHS recorder, but I was much too young to understand much of the humor. And then when I got older, since I had seen the movie before, I didn't really have much impetus to just sit down and pay attention. Since this is more of a stream of consciousness comment, I am reminded that Robin Hood Men in tights is a favorite of mine as is Mel Brooks' other masterpiece Spaceballs. I agree with Princess Bride as a great movie, but not really "funny". It's more quirky than laugh out loud funny. Anyway, you've inspired me. Maybe one day next week I'll sit down and blog out MY top 10 and link everyone to your posts. Keep up the great stuff, Carl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jason! I look forward to your list. I should again point out that I have no issue with Tommy Boy. But Dumb and Dumber is a different story. And most anything Mel Brooks could be on a list and be better than most. Thanks for playing along all week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem with Monty Python is that it isn't funny through out. The first part is hilarious, but by the end of the movie, I'm thinking this is the most boring thing I have ever seen. I don't even remember how it ends! Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!