Monday, December 26, 2011

Survive & Advance

Sometimes Christmas seems like it is about surviving.  We seek to survive the shopping.  We hope to survive all of the eating and the parties.  Many of us need help surviving (or missing?) our family and friends,  And if you house is anything like mine, you hope to survive the total carnage that accompanies opening the presents.  In our particular case, that means avoiding the random attacks of our family dog, Conner.  He loves wrapping paper. He shreds it, rips and attacks it.  And after a little warm-up time, be begins to seek to remove it from packages that have not otherwise been touched.  As you can see from this picture, if Christmas morning were a competition, our home has a clear winner.  And don't you dare try to touch his new ball.  You can lose a hand that way!


But Christmas is not about survival at all.  Christmas is about worship.  It's about looking at a world that worships stuff and deciding to worship the Babe of Bethlehem instead.  It's about realizing that there can be only one thing in our lives that is our One Thing - and the choosing Jesus!  Want to know what you have chosen this holiday season?  It's simple.  The things that have your mind's attention and your heart's desire- that is what you worship.  In 2011 I have written a great deal about the Jesus Revolution.  In 2012, my Tuesday focus will be on worship.  I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.  


My family is at home with me for the remainder of 2011, and much like the local radio stations I will be offering a "Best Of I'd Laugh" for the next week.  I will re-post some of my favorites from the past year in the hopes that they may still seem fresh to you, my dear readers.  As we prepare for the new year and another round of failed resolutions, I ask you to consider these questions:  What has your mind's attention right now?  What has your heart's desire?  Jesus wants both.  Let's prepare to face a new year as people who put Christ first.  Blessings to you all!


Because of Jesus,

1 comment:

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!