Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Shout Outs!

Welcome to the first December edition of my Saturday Shout Outs!  The next edition will be a special Christmas Shout Outs, so think of these as an Advent edition!  There are a lot of people I want to get to today, so let's get started!

  • Coaches Kevin Gillespie and Jeremy Godwin, along with the head coach's wife Andi Brooks Gillespie (all Springfield Friends Meeting) will be at Wake Forest today to lead Page High School in the NC state 4A football championship game.  Let's go Pirates!  Jeremy says he will text me updates.  You can follow my Twitter feed if you'd like to keep up!
  • Saw Nina Mock (Wesley Memorial UMC) and her boyfriend Ralfy at the Olive Garden a week ago- first time I had seen her in a few years.  Hopefully she will join Marilyn, Lisa Jewett and myself for Taco Tuesday at Tijuana Flats in Westchase sometime soon.   All are welcome.  We usually get there around 7 PM.
  • Talked to Todd Willis yesterday and he will be in FL after Christmas.  Spoke with Brook Teoli Phelps last week and she said the same thing.  I heard through the grapevine that Jocelyn Sessions Ward (who celebrated a birthday yesterday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jocelyn!) and her family might be here as well. With all of these out of state FUMC-Kissimmee alumni coming to town, I'm thinking party!  Who's with me?  :)
  • Speaking of Happy Birthdays, Ashley Goad Broadhurst (Springfield- and she'll always be Prudence Irwina to me!) also celebrated yesterday.  And since she lives in Las Vegas, what happened at her party must stay at her party...
  • It has only taken me 2 weeks to become a texting fool!  I love staying in touch, and I always respond- even when you don't want me to!  To get my number, just email me your number and I'll hit you up!
  • The aforementioned Lisa Jewett made me go shopping with her yesterday under the pretense that we were only going to the Disney Store.  She then made me go to someplace called Pandora- and not the one from Avatar!  I nearly collapsed from exhaustion!  In all seriousness, it is always wonderful to spent time with Lisa.  But no more malls...  :)
  • My Twitter "posse" continues to be a great inspiration to me.  Hard to believe I can feel so connected to so many people I have never met.  This week a special shout out goes to Robert Damron- living proof that Duke fans can be nice people too!  :)
  • Marie Allen (Springfield) left a comment yesterday on an older post talking about how she is passing along her love of the great song Let Me Be There to her son.  I love hearing stories like that.  Makes all the years feel worthwhile.
  • Some friends never fail to make you smile.  Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K), you rock!  
  • Lots of love and prayers to Becky Memmelaar, mom to Jill & Stacy Gilbreth from the Springfield days.  She is undergoing some tough treatments right now. Hugs to you, Becky.
  • Lauren Carr Cacciatore's (FUMC-K) father-in-law passed away just before Thanksgiving.  Please keep Lauren and Brad in your prayers.
  • And finally...  I know lots of busy people.  For many years I was a busy person.  But here's a schedule that takes the cake...  Jennifer (Bob) Minnigan Kuramochi (FUMC-K) and I have been trying to get our families together for lunch for a while now.  This week she texted me with a proposed date.  January 22.  I'm honored just to be on a schedule that busy.  I wrote it on the calendar in pen!
So that's it for now.  Stay with me throughout December, as there will be some great Christmas blogs coming up.  Until next time, Shalom my friends!


Because of Jesus,

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/03/2011

    LOL :D But let's be honest Carl. I didn't make you go. You volunteered to help me (And I do appreciate that), then you opened it up by saying "Shopping." What did we learn from this? Perhaps to be more precise in our texts. Lol
    But it was fun :D
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe the lesson is more simple,Lisa. Like "never volunteer to go shopping!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Routh12/03/2011

    Carl just to update you Max Rees also passed away and that's Becky's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes thanks Paul. We did get that news when it happened. Been a very hard year for Becky & family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it was a FANTASTIC party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/04/2011

    and Jan 22 is an awesome day as that is Colleen Martin Hooks birhtday so whatever wonderful celebraions you can and would have planned is fine with me/us - we will do our very best to be there!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!