Sunday, May 11, 2014

"M is for the many things she gave me..."


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  I want to pause today and take a moment to thank God for the three women in my life who are incredible moms. First up is my own mother, Anne Jones.  She has never wavered in her support for me and my family, offering me unconditional love my entire life- despite my many screw-ups. She is pictured below with my wife Marilyn and her grandson Will.  he and Will could not be any closer. Mom, you are one of a kind, and I love you!


The second mother on my special list is my mother-in-law, Marie Steele. I love her like she was my own mother, and I am so grateful that she and her husband Posey welcomed me in to their family some 30 years ago when Marilyn and I started dating. She is pictured below on our wedding day when she gave me a great gift! I love you, Marie- and looking forward to seeing you soon!



And finally, you have all know about my amazing wife, Marilyn.  She is a wonderful mother and truly a heroic woman. She works so hard to keep our family afloat, and Will and I both love her her very much. She makes every day about our family- so today is all about her her!



And for all of you moms who may be reading today, I want to share some lyrics to a famous Mother's Day song as re-written by my old cohort Alan Brown and I many years ago.  In our own extremely odd way, we were seeking to let you know just how special you are...

M is for the MANY things she gave me...
O is for the OTHER things she gave me...
T is for THE things that she gave me...
H is for the HAPPY things she gave me...
E is for EVERYTHING she gave me...
R is for the REST of the things she gave me...
P is for the PLENTIFUL things she gave me...
Put it all together they spell MOTHERP (?)
A word that means the world to me!

Thank you, God, for all of our mothers. They do indeed give us everything, and they are truly a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!