Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Grits is Grace"

A quick follow-up to my "Abe and Gabe" post from earlier today:  At Van Dyke Church this morning pastor Matthew Hartsfield asked if we knew how to tell if we had ever eaten breakfast at an authentic southern diner.  The answer, of course, is that at an authentic southern diner they will bring you grits no matter what you order.  The grits are always there, whether you want them or not.  You don't order them, they simply show up.  Just like grace, Matthew said.  God's grace is always there; you do not earn it or request it.  Acknowledging it would be the only thing most of us would remember from his sermon, he offered this nugget of wisdom- "Grits is grace."  Deep thoughts!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I do a lot of research online on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!