Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Greetings From Elkin!

Hey there readers. As most of you know my family is currently in Elkin, NC preparing to say a final goodbye to Marilyn's father, Posey Steele. We will be at the funeral home tonight and the service and burial are tomorrow morning at 11 o'clock. I am currently in the Elkin Public Library with the only computer I have access to- and a 30 minute time limit. So read fast... 

I just wanted to let you know a little about my schedule for the next few days- both what I know and what I don't. After everything is over tomorrow, Will and I are headed back to Tampa so he can return to work and we can rescue Conner from the kennel. After that, things are still very much up in the air. I will either be driving back to NC on Saturday or to North Myrtle Beach on Monday, depending on whether or not the planned family beach trip happens or not. No decision has been made yet...or at least no one has told me! In either case, we will NOT be in NC after the 17th, as Marilyn changed her vacation to include this week and not the third week of the month. Many of the plans we had (including the Springfield Reunion) to see some of YOU are on hold at this point. Something may yet work out, but I just wanted you to know where things stood at this time.

Thank you all for all of the prayers and support you have offered Marilyn and our family. Tonight and tomorrow will be hard. Please continue praying, and remember Will and I as we travel Wednesday night and early Thursday. We know that in all things God is faithful. But sometimes life throws curve balls. Be well, my friends!

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!