Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday Shout Outs!

It's been a few weeks since I did a Saturday Shout Out and there's been a lot going on, so let's get started!
  • A special thanks to all of my friends (new and old) who participated in Comment Day on Thursday of this week.  I visited 57 blogs and left comments, and over 350 of you visited this blog.  Some of you left comments.  The rest of you owe me!  :)
  • A couple of Saturdays back Marilyn and I had lunch with Stephanie Greife (Wesley Memorial) and just had a blast reconnecting.  Steph and I are going to try again sometime this week.  If anyone else from the old Graceland gang wants to join in the fun, just let me know!  I also heard from new Hall of Fame inductee Travis Aiken.  Plus the 2 of them, Lexi Woods and Alexandra Smith all commented on the great indoor rafting picture (at right) on Marilyn's Facebook.  It's great hearing from the Wesley crowd!
  • This past Monday I had lunch with Connor Lewis (FUMC-K) and his lovely wife, Jolene.  They have 2 great kids and are still living in Atlanta, but were here on a whirlwind tour of Florida to visit family.  It was so great to see Connor and catch up.  Anytime I get to hang out with any of my old students I am reminded how blessed my life has been- and is! 
  • OK, FUMC-K alumni, it's Trivia Time!  Where was the picture at right taken?  I'll give you bonus points for telling me what trip this was taken on.  Everyone with the right location gets an autographed picture of Jerry Hanbery!
  • Speaking of Jerry, at noon today I'll be having lunch here in Tampa with Marilyn & Will, Jerry & Melissa Hanbery, Lisa Krause Spires, Jennifer Minnigan Kuramochi, Caitlin Esry, Bethany Esry, Julia Pribyl and anyone else from the old FUMC-K crowd who happens to show up!  The Green Iguana may never recover. I'll try to have some pictures for you tomorrow.
  • Do any of you watch American Idol?  Can anyone explain Pia getting the boot this week?  I was so psyched to have a final six shoot out between Lauren, Pia, Haley, Scotty, James and Casey.  Now I don't know what will happen.  Will all the women be voted off first?  I hate to admit it, but the Jones family is totally hooked on AI...
  • My Artifacts of Youth Ministry posts have drawn lots of visitors over the past few Saturdays, and I will return with a new (old?) artifact new weekend.  It's been fun digging for artifacts to use.
  • Will is driving more and more with his learner's permit, and he is doing really well.  He can drive with anyone over 21 in the car.  Volunteers? :)
  • Conner the Dog has apparently give up sleep for Lent- which means I did too.  5:17 AM today... 
  • Speaking of Lent, have you been reading my 40 Day Adventure devotional blog?  If you haven't, be sure and check out yesterday's post.  The featured song, The Real Jesus, is one of the most amazing songs ever written.
  • And finally...Thank you, Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K).  What an incredibly WONDERFUL idea.  I trained you well.  HA!!!
That's it for now.  As always, let me know if I can be praying for you and your families.  Thanks again for reading and making me feel so blessed.

Because of Jesus,

10 comments:

  1. Nope, not Six Flags! But thanks for playing, Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/09/2011

    my guess would be Universal Studios as a lot of Hanna Barbera characters are there even though I'm not part of the group pictured I do like huckleberry hound

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice guess, but no- not any Universal park. Keeping guessing, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catie Cook4/09/2011

    Kings Dominion?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice try Catie- and close. It was a sister park to Kings Dominion...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4/09/2011

    Carowinds, summer of 97...or 98. That's all I got :)

    Lunch was fun today, it was good to see everyone!!

    Love, bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. And we have a winner! Carowinds in Charlotte, NC, on the ill-fated Choir Tour of 1997. Congrats, Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4/10/2011

    Yay! I expect my autographed picture in the mail...but only fully-clothed pictures of Jerry please!!!
    Love, bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure any such pictures exist, Bethany! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!