Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday


Today's favorite Christmas song is I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by All Star United.  It is featured on the compilation Happy Christmas, Vol. 2, a weird collection of songs from mostly obscure (and now defunct) Christian bands.  There are few songs that give me such a rush of joy during what can be a stressful time of year.  I cannot listen to this song and do anything other than celebrate the joy that the season of the birth of Jesus should bring to us all.  I guarantee this tune will make your toes tap and your mouth smile!

I should also tell you that Santa Claus and I are very close.  I served as one of his "helpers" at a couple of malls in NC in the early 1980's.  I quite often played Santa at youth group Christmas parties.  I even filled in for Old Saint Nick at an Express Lube in Kissimmee for a couple of years, so kids could get pictures taken with Santa while parents got an oil change (Thanks, Craig Lynch, for that unique opportunity!).  Some of you may think that my only connection with Kris Kringle was our body size (tru dat) but the facts are I just loved being such an important part of the Christmas season for so many over the years.  So today, as you listen to this song (which is most joyful- and triumphant!) you will also see a Santa Claus Parade.  These Ho-Ho's all have one thing in common- they are all ME!  The youth in the pictures are mostly from FUMC-K and Wesley Memorial UMC, with a few others thrown in for good measure.  I hope watching this will help kick-start your Christmas spirit- making it certainly helped mine.  I'll see you all tomorrow for a guest blog from my son Will (that's him pictured with Santa and friends at top- before his writing days!).  Have a blessed day!


Jesus- the only hope for me is you...and You alone!

5 comments:

  1. You did play one heck of a Santa! Love this song also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I funny trying to find YOU in that Santa outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant "It's" funny trying to find you in that Santa outfit. All I can see are your eyes but it's even hard to tell they are yours. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Brook. I always enjoyed going FULL Santa! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!