Saturday, May 21, 2016

Saturday Shout Outs!

Greetings and Salutations from Tampa! It's been a while since I shouted at you- October 3rd, 2015 was the last time- and so the time is right for shout outs, random ramblings and other things designed to make you go "hmmm..."  If this goes well I might keep blogging next week. So no pressure to comment or anything!


  • It's a quiet weekend here at Chez Jones. Marilyn, Will, Michelle and Lisa are all at Disney with Michelle's family for what promises to be a crazy couple of days! They are all dining together tonight at Tony's Town Square, so if you happen to be at the MK keep your eyes and ears peeled for the wild party. For those of you who know why I am not with them, I should tell you that my appeals to the powers that be at WDW have so far fallen on deaf ears. But hope springs eternal!!!
  • Lisa Kraus Spires informs me that her mom, Carol Kraus, will be undergoing some medical work this week. Please keep Carol in your prayers.
  • Our Tampa Bay Lightning keep hanging in there in this series with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Not only are the Bolts the underdogs, but they are playing without 2 of their best players. It's a fun time in this area- hard to believe a Florida city can get so excited about a hockey team! #GoBolts
  • It seems to me that electing Donald Trump as president is very similar to asking a cat to drive your car. We know it's a terrible idea, and we have a really good idea what the outcome will be. Yet people keep getting in the car. Toonces- look out!!!    




  • Seeing my former youth group students from all over the country share pictures of their own families on Facebook is an amazing way to share in their journeys as parents. I am so proud of so many of them. But it is also a very effective way to remind me I am old. So it's a mixed bag!
  • My trip to NC at the end of April was a blast, and there is just something special about reconnecting with my oldest friends. It was especially great to get time with Beth McGalliard and Denise Langley and to toast my mom with them. Mom loved that old New Garden youth group so much. It was also great to see Mark & Martha Farlow, Carl & Diane Semmler, Alan Brown, Chuck & Tammy Foster and Susan Tuggle at a cookout at Martha's house. Great friends, a bowl of margaritas, a fruit salad made with olives, and doing shots of Fireball in honor of Beth and in memory of Lisa Moran- it just doesn't get any better! So who is planning the September 2017 reunion trip?  Anyone? Anyone?
  • And speaking of reunions, hey Kissimmee peeps!!!  When, where and how- not if- are the questions. It's time to start planning!!!
  • Did you see the new Jungle Book movie?  Will and I both give it 3 thumbs up. That's right, three. It was so good we grew new thumbs!!!
  • Speaking of movies, it's been an interesting Spring at the theater. Captain America: Civil War may be the best superhero movie ever made, while Batman v. Superman may be the worst. Zootopia was awesome, while Angry Birds commercials just make me angry. The one thing for sure is that from Star Wars through Civil War, Disney Studios are on a roll!
  • Will turns 21 in less than 2 months. Take that all of you former students who make me feel old!  Ha!
  • The tweets and articles coming out of the General Conference meeting of the United Methodist Church over this past week reminded me once again that there may be no greater oxymoron than "organized Christianity."
  • If someone gave you $1000 and told you to "spend it on something special- on something that makes you happy" - what would you do with it?
  • Some of the TV show cancellations hit me hard this past week. Lisa got me hooked on Castle and CSI:Cyber and now they are gone. I loved The Muppets and NPH's Best Night Ever and they will not return. And ABC also snuffed out Agent Carter and Galavant, two of my January favorites. What shows did you lose that you will miss?
  • While I was in NC, Denise and I drove out to Quaker Lake and saw some of the new facilities and reminisced about the old ones and our days at summer camp. So many wonderful memories, so many wonderful people are part of my life because of that special place. My prayers are with Heather and the 2016 staff as they prepare for another summer of changing lives in positive ways.
And that seems like a good place to stop. I'd love to hear from you, dear readers, and catch up with what's going on in your lives. Have a wonderful weekend and treasure those you love- and be thankful for those who love you! Peace, my friends!

Because of Jesus,

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!