Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Shout Outs!

Greetings friends and neighbors,and welcome to an overdue edition of my Saturday Shouts Outs!  It's been 3 weeks since I last shouted and there is plenty going on in the world around me.  If this feels a little heavy on news from my old friends at the First United Methodist Church of Kissimmee, that's because it is!  The rest of you need to get busy!  So here we go...

  • Jacob Lupfer (FUMC-Kissimmee) and his bride Cara Swan welcomed a bay daughter, Amelia, to the world on Wednesday night.  She was 21 inches long and 7 pounds, 14 ounces.  I know her grandparents Sam & Leila, Uncle Matt (and Aunt Kristen) and Aunt Lindsey are thrilled to welcome her too.  Congratulations, Lupfer family!
  • Kelly Jeck Trace (FUMC-K) was nominated for the Orlando Business Journal's Women Who Mean Business Award in the "Women To Watch" category.  It's great to see Kelly get the recognition she deserves for her amazing work with Kissimmee Main Street.
  • My Twitter family- Jenn, Christie, Robert, John, Jason, Amy and others - has been especially loving and supportive this week.  I may have to start a Twitter Hall of of Fame to go along with the youth group one I already have...
  • I really miss getting together with Lisa Kraus Spires, Caitlin Esry (FUMC-K) and assorted others for our Saturday lunch extravaganzas.  It has been far too long, and we need to fix this problem!!!
  • Tomorrow is the birthday of one of my favorite people in the world, Millie Simmons (Springfield Friends Meeting)!  Millie was my boss secretary during those great years at SFM, as well as the mom to a couple of great youth group kids, Amy and Jennifer.  Celebrate in style, Millie!  We love you and miss you!
  • Speaking of birthdays, I have had a blast this week doing a daily birthday reminder for my friend Liza on Twitter.  Her birthday is also tomorrow.  Due to an auto-correct error on my phone, I recently sent her a tweet and addressed her as Lizard.  Since then she has become the slight lesser-known superhero, Lizardella.  We are still looking for costume ideas. If you are on Twitter, be sure to send a birthday greeting to her- @itslizawithaz.  And be sure and tell her Carl sent you!
  • After my 49 Days of Grace post entitled I Lost My Face this past Wednesday, I received a text from Jennifer Minnigan Kuramochi (FUMC-K) that simply, "I lost my face.  Thank God for make-up!"  Bob never fails to crack me up...
  • It's official!  If you haven't heard, Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K) and her hubby Eric and daughter Emma are moving to Texas!  Eric is starting a new job in Dallas and Teresa will be working for the First Presbyterian Church of Fort Worth.  They are heading out in early May, so be sure to be praying for the Tysinger family!
  • Got a text from Todd Willis (FUMC-K) telling me that his lovely wife Kristin's father is having some serious health issues.  Please lift that family up in prayer.
  • I recently reconnected with Dana Schmidt (FUMC-K) on Twitter!  It was great to hear from Dana.  Her hubby Matt is on Twitter, but silent to this point.  :)
  • Marilyn, Lisa Jewett (Wesley Memorial UMC) and I are back on our regular schedule of having Taco Tuesdaze every week around 7:15 PM at the Tijuana Flats in Westchase.  As always, all are welcome!
  • I got a message Thursday night from Connor Lewis (FUMC-K) who had been MIA from social media for a while.  He assured me he is doing fine and still reads this blog regularly.  Always glad to hear from one of my all-time favorite youth!
  • I had brunch on Thursday with Jerry Hanbery (FUMC-K) at Cracker Barrel here in Tampa.  It;s always great see Jerry.  And everything is better with gravy on it! 
  • And finally, Ken Hill (Springfield) just finished his second Boston Marathon, while wife Gilly ran in a 5K the same weekend.  We are proud of both of you, and we hope you are in training for the run to Tampa...   :)
So there you have it.  By the way, I still am looking for a reunion planner.  Or am I?  Your move, Teresa~!  Have a great weekend, my friends!

Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. This was really a Great post i loved reading it.
    Thanks a ton.
    Mehandi Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/08/2012

    Thanks Carl!! :) - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Kelly! So proud of you!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!