Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cry Out To Jesus

"The worst thing is not crying out in the darkness. The worst thing is having no one in the darkness to cry out to..."  - Brennan Manning

I have sat alone in the darkness and cried out for forgiveness.  I have sought for hope that I thought might be gone forever.  I have wondered if anyone could ever love me again.  But I never doubted who the author of that forgiveness, hope and love would be.  I never lost sight of Jesus.  I knew that in my fear and despair I was never alone, no matter how much it felt like I was.  As we approach the end of the year there are so many people in our world who are hurting.  As we worry about resolutions like losing a few pounds or organizing our offices, they worry about feeding their families or finding a place to live.  They are without hope, and worse yet, they are without Jesus.  I say they are without hope- maybe I should say you you.  I know it has been me.  Whoever it is, we need to share the hope of the world- Jesus Christ- with the people in our lives.  I want to do my little part today by sharing this amazing video from the great band Third Day.  It will inspire you to reach out with hope- or for hope.  I pray that none of us will ever forget these words:
There is hope for the helpless 
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

Remember, no one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.  Offer love, hope and forgiveness to the people in your life.  May 2011 be the year of hope for all of the broken and hurting.  May it be the year of Jesus.



Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!