Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Shout-Outs!

I have said from the very beginning that I am writing this blog for myself, and I am.  However, it sure is a lot more fun when I know people like you are reading it!  During my writing these past few months there has been a core group of readers - people like Jennifer Minnigan Kuramochi, Lisa Kraus Spires, Todd Willis, Teresa Reep Tysinger, Meagan Hill Halquist, Kelly Jeck,  and Jill Painter Watson  (all from FUMC-K)- that have kept my spirits high and the words flowing on this blog.  They know not only who I am, but also know the worst thing about me- and they care about me anyway.  Only God fills people with that kind of love!  I could not do this without their encouragement, or without the kind words from so many of you as your stories have been written.  As I move into my second year of blogging I want to occasionally take a moment to thank some of the people who have been encouraging me during the previous weeks through their comments (here and on Marilyn's Facebook), e-mails and tweets.  Just think of it as my Saturday Shout Outs!  Today I have several:
  • Connor Lewis (FUMC-K) who has supported me and made sure I didn't quit after one year.  Connor you are the best!
  •  Charles Freedle (Springfield Friends) and Jocelyn Sessions (FUMC-K) always make me laugh- just like the old days! 
  • Thanks to Cindy Martin (FUMC-K) who has been encouraging my writing here and reading along since the beginning.  Her kind words have often kept me going when I doubted anyone really wanted to hear what I have to say.
  • Ann Hale Saunders (Springfield Friends Youth) has brought a smile to face several times these past couple of weeks, and I appreciate her so much.
  • Caitlin Esry (FUMC-K), just because-  her words to me mean more than I can say.
  • Hal Gastler (Wesley Memorial) let me know this week that he has been reading and shared words of encouragement with me.  Hearing from anyone from Wesley was a blessing; hearing from Hal made my week.
  • I received an e-mail from Lauren Carr Cacciatore (FUMC-K) that moved me to tears.  Then I got a comment from Amber Herrick (FUMC-K) that made me smile my biggest smile.  Two Angels in one week!   Some people are just special...and always will be!
  • Will Rees (Springfield)- no one can understand how cool it is for me to hear from Willie!
  • Brook Teoli Elaine (FUMC-K), whose words to me are always encouraging and whose words on her own blog are a constant inspirtation in my own faith journey.
  • Laura Wheeler (Quaker Lake) and Darek Newby (New Garden Friends), two friends who go all the way back to the beginnings of my ministry, made me stop and thank God for what a long, wonderful trip it has been...
  • Amy Simmons Stanley, who just last night suggested another Springfield Alumni Reunion!  Reunions are unlikely, but they are fun to think about and just the mention of them always makes me a bit giddy!
  • Susan (Boom-Boom) McBane Tuggle, who worked on staff at QLC with me in 1978, stopped by the blog to make me laugh until I cried.  I have been blessed with so many amazing friends!
  • Jamie Robinson (Springfield) who has encouraged me to finish my story... 
  • Anonymous (all youth groups) has left more comments than anyone else!  What would I do without good old Anonymous!!!  Although I have to admit trying to figure out who some of them are has made me a little crazy...
That's it for now.  Thanks to everyone who is part of my blog family of readers- leave a comment soon and you may find yourself in an upcoming Shout Out Saturday

Because of Jesus,

1 comment:

  1. Good ole Anonymous! Ha! It does make writing easier when you know there is an audience that truly enjoys what you are sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!