Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Baby!

Today is mine and Marilyn's 24th wedding anniversary.  It's hard to believe that 24 years ago today I was playing football in the parking lot of a little motel outside of Elkin, NC with my groomsmen, getting ready for the big event!  There is not a whole lot left to say that I have not already said on the pages of this blog, so I will just say again that she is the best wife, the best friend and the most faithful servant of God that anyone could ever wish to share life with.  The way she lives her life and the way she has treated me through all of the stuff I have put her through is the very definition of the word GRACE.  She is a fabulous mother to our son Will.  I know the influence she has had in many of your lives is still felt today.  I thank God every day for the blessing of having her in my life. 

We have been blessed through these 24 years with some amazing friends who have helped make our life together special and unique.  We have lived in a variety of places, served a variety of churches and have now settled in to a new life here in Tampa.  Through it all- through the adventures, the mysteries, the hardships and the incredible joys- there have been two constants.  One is our unwavering faith in Jesus Christ.  The other is our love for each other.  Anyone who tells you that marriage is not hard work is lying.  Anyone who tells you that marriage is not a blessing from God is also lying.  Twenty-four years seems like a long time in many ways.  It also feels like it is "only the beginning of what I want to feel forever."  Happy Anniversary, Marilyn!  I love you!  Now bring on year 25...

Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. Such sweet words that you have so say about your wife! I am looking forward to the day that Rich and I can look back over 24 years- what an accomplishment! Congratulations Carl and Marilyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meagan- and congrats on hitting the 4 month mark with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan McBane Tuggle8/31/2010

    Happy Anniversary to a couple who blesses not only one another, but many others as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!