Saturday, April 27, 2013

Normal Is Overrated


So many times after tragic or amazing events in our life and in our world, we hear people talk about how nice it will be to "get back to normal."  Today I am overwhelmed with the feeling that "normal" is not all it is cracked up to be.  I tweeted a thought this morning, and as the day has gone along it seems more and more relevant. My past couple of weeks have been filled with amazing events and incredible people.  My often hum-drum existence has been anything but normal. And once again it has become very clear to me that normal is overrated.  I guess it is only right that after a time like this that things get back to the status quo. But it seems to me that once you have experienced the extraordinary, normal sucks. So this morning I lament the norm, and find myself longing for a few more extraordinary moments to come my way.  I pray the same for each of you.  God uses "normal" people to do extraordinary things every day. Here I am, LORD. Choose me.

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!